Saturday, September 12, 2015

Ready to move on

I knew that sitting around this rented house for more then 3 weeks would be tough and it is. It is hard mentally and physically. In my last post, I spoke of my 2 physical complications. Fortunately for me, one of these has straighten itself out. The swelling of my genital area has now returned to normal. For that I am very thankful. As for my diarrhea, it continues to be a pain in my ass. It appears that my antibiotic - cipro - is the cause. This once a day drug kills all bad and good bacteria and never allows my intestines to properly process food. I have tried many things and nothing seems to work well. I am now adding bacteria to my system with a probiotic pill and supplementing in some anti-diarrhea pills. Of course the doctors say it would be worse to have constipation, so I try to walk the line. Unfortunately, the end of this is not coming soon, because I have enough pills to last till 9/28/15. But this situation keeps me close to home where I am more comfortable.

I am just trying to stay focused on what I have coming up. My appointment to get my cath out is on the 16th at 8:30 am. Just 4 days left out of this 3 week cathing period and I am so ready to move on. I will be there for about 3 hours learning how my new system works. I am apprehensive about this. But I am motivated to get past this so I can move on. I am hopeful that my body will function as close to normal as possible. I do have to remember that it may take time and I have to try and be patient. I am not typically patient, so this will be a challenge for me. I know if I can learn to adapt quickly and I have no complications, I will be ready to hop on that plane and fly home. And I am so ready to be home.

I am planning to fly out on the 20th. I believe that is enough time for me to adjust and prepare for the trip home. To be honest, I am more worried about the diarrhea then I am about my new bladder.  I am just ready to be in my own home. Only time will tell if coming to USC / Keck was the right decision. The extra time, expense, and stress of making this trip was no small matter. But in all honesty, the experience has been positive. The medical personnel have been great to work with. The rental house looked better in the pictures then in reality. But it did meet our needs. Bottom line - I'm ready to have all of this over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment